Sooooooooooooooo, I got an award today :) woopwoop! Thank god, because I was having an awful day. Thank you to Liora from At Sea for making my day a little bit better!!
It's called the Kreativ Blogger Award !!
RULES:1. Link back to the person who gave the award to you.
2. Complete the form below.
3. Award 10 other blogs and let them know with a comment or email.
4. Share 7 random thoughts about yourself.
1. name your favourite song: Are you ... Can you ... Were you ...? by Shabazz Palaces
well that's just for now :) who knows what next week will bring!
2. name your favourite dessert: Well, currently I'm trying not to be a fatty so I feel like if I say it that I'm going to crave it sooooo much.
okay fine.. it's oreos and anything that's mint and covered in chocolate [york peppermint patties, junior mints]
3. what ticks me off: people. just kidding! I hate when people touch me. It's so weird and annoying and I cringe. It's kind of like when someone scratches their nails on the chalkboard, but different. I also hate when people 'forget' to look in the mirror in the morning. I mean.. come on. I appreciate people having their own style but sweatpants and slippers to school is not your own style. It's pure laziness.
4. when I'm upset I: I get SUPER quiet. It's so bad. I just sit there and have a blank stare on my face and I have this internal fire that is soo big and I'm afraid that if I say something it's just alllllll going to come out and won't be pleasant.
5. what's your favorite pet: Well... I wouldn't say pet.... but an animal that would be soooooooo cool to have as a pet is a savannah cat. It's a mix between a wild cat (tigers, lions etc.) and a domestic cat. Probably extremely dangerous but still!!
6. black or white: black all the way.
7. biggest fear: insects. Why are they so nasty?!
8. everyday attitude: I'm so bipolar it's hard to tell....some days I'm super fun and super cool, and then other days it looks like I want to kill someone.
9. what is perfection ???: me.
just kidding.... no such thing as perfect? Not so sure, a perfect outfit. Then you feel perfect all day.
seven random things about me
1. I'm allergic to nuts
2. I want to be an artist
3. I live in the Northeast.... and no I'm not a preppy kid. (I hope.)
4. My music taste is that of a black man's
5. I'm not on Facebook
6. I would looooovveee to live in New York City
7. I can't think of anything....
This is my last post before my vacation is officially over :( Thats such a horrible feeling, but I'll probably spend my day crashed in front of the TV doing absolutely nothing. (I should probably be writing my paper :\)
I'm just going to come right out and say that I'm a little bit frightened [in an exciting way] for this year's fashion trends. It could either be one of those 90's things where it is amazzinnng in the moment but when you look back you cringe, or it could be one of those 70's things where it is foxy during the time period and then you look back and wish you could be there again.
I can see a mix in styles, such as urban with sporty. I think that there will be a throwback to other decades, but with the intention to make it look modern or even bring back a style. There will be a lot of futuristic inspiration. A lot of 'loose' fitted clothing but is somehow close to the body.
Shoe wise: oxfords, pumps, converse you name it.
I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope I don't look dumb this year :)
My best friend is a beautiful ballerina who has dedicated her life to ballet. When I was with her the other day she showed me something that I just absolutely fell in love with. It's called the Ballerina Project. Simply what it is, is that a photographer takes pictures of ballerina's in the outside world of dance. It is absolutely gorgeous and stunning! http://www.facebook.com/pages/ballerina-project/22455674948
Well, it's coming close to the end of the year ! Such an exciting time for good change. I intend to keep my resolutions as long as I possibly can.... maybe for 2 months this year!! (as opposed to 2 weeks last year :\) whooppss. I think that I can do it... I need some change in my life right now. Although I'm young, I need to start thinking of my future in the fashion world. That is the one thing that keeps me motivated and excited. It is something I definitely want to pursue when I grow up. It's a hard world but I'm definitely up for the challenge.
Without further ado.................
1. Eat healthier
2. Exercise more
3. Stop being so reserved
4. Talk to people more [learn about them]
5. Take risks
6. Don't be afraid of what people think
7. Express myself
8. Keep a positive attitude
9. KEEP THESE RESOLUTIONS!
well I think I'll keep them for maybe 5 days? Not sure, maybe less... :) But I'm going to try hard!
Fashion wise: I think I just need to stop being afraid to wear what I want to wear. It's hard in high school not to conform to what everyone else is wearing because you're afraid of what people are going to say about you. I really need to get over that because, to be honest, it's just stupid... I think that I'll slowly get to this but it will take time!
I think 2011 has been a good year, it didn't suck too bad but it wasn't amazing. I grew up a lot this year; I got a job, started to take responsibilty for myself, and chose the path I want to follow. 2012 will be the year to carry these things out.
On a less serious note...
my newest obsession:
Starting off with the jean shirts....
effortless and cute!
I know I'm a little late in this trend considering it was a fall '11 one but it's still winter and I find myself picking up my oversized sweaters when I don't know what to wear!
They add flavor to a plain outfit!
Not just any mid-ankle boots butttttt....
Steve Madden's Mertie Boots!!
I just got these for Christmas (actually it was an early present because I couldn't wait that long to wear them!!) and I have worn them every day since. I actually have a pair of Steve Madden oxford shoes and my mom yelled at me when I told her I wanted these because they basically are the same thing, just different heights. But, they aren't! Some things you can't wear the oxfords with and some you can't wear the Merties with. I recommend these shoes tremendously! But if you buy them, make sure to get a half size bigger than your foot because they are a tight fit :)
Not just any blush.......... buuttttttttttt
Benefit's Posie Tint!
So a new cosmetic store, Benefit, just came to my town and let me tell you... they work magic. But this blush is probably the best thing they sell. It isn't just a blush... it's a lip stain too! The blush is liquid and you just gently pat it on your cheekbones until you achieve your perfect colorful face! It also works to make your lips shiny and beautiful. Now that I have it, I'm pretty sure I can't live without it. (is that bad to say? haha)
ah I can't believe it's already november!! And let me tell you that this is one of my favorite months because it means that its almost december annnndddddddd ITS MOVEMBER!Moustaches are one of the best things out there...for men. For women it's a completely different story. But don't you ever find yourself wanting to wear a shirt that has a moustache on it? I definitely do... not sure about you. Well for all you scruffy men out there, have fun not shaving this month! I bet by november 30th your going to look like you just stepped out of a cave, but hey! That's okay!
So what I ended up doing for Halloween was dressing up as a "witch". I wore all black and then put on a witch hat I found from 5th grade. There was one problem....my head got a little bit fatter so I ended up just carrying the hat everywhere which was a pain in the butt, but atleast my friends got what they wanted! (they owe me big time.) And I didn't get any candy. Which is annoying but I completely blame my town because they cancelled Halloween. Who does that?! Apparently it wasn't 'safe' because the snow knocked down some power lines. So they moved it to Saturday but nobody went. They're like the grinch who stole Halloween.
My latest 'obsession' right now is disposable cameras... that's normal right? My friend had one that had a green filter over the flash so the picture turned out a little greener. When she got the pictures back there wasn't too much of a difference but it was still pretty cool.
This is me and my friend (to the right). This is supposed to have the green flash....it looks a little green right? Anyways, I'm in love with disposable cameras now because I really like how it looks kind of grainy. You know how everyone is like AHHH HD! Well, I'm like hey....um lets like have un-HD. I think it gives it a cool effect. Plus they're so much easier because it doesn't matter if you lose it.